New Orleans is a fun place to visit, and I have done so several times in the past. A favorite dish from this part of the United States is Crawfish Etouffee. I want to share my version of Shrimp Etouffee recipe with you.
New Orleans is a fun place to visit, and I have done so several times in the past.
A favorite dish from this part of the United States is Crawfish Etouffee.
I want to share my version of Shrimp Etouffee recipe with you.
1. In a heated skillet, saute onions in butter.
2. Add garlic, sweet peppers and celery.
3. Continue sauteing the vegetables until the onions are transluscent.
4. Add tomato paste and the juce from 1 lemon. Stir and mix well to blend the tomato paste with the vegetables.
5. Season by adding all spices. Mix well.
6. Cover the skillet and bring vegetables to a boil.
7. Taste the sauce. Add salt if needed.
8. Add and stir in the flour to combine well with the vegetables.
9. Add 1-1/2 cups water. Stir then cover the skillet and bring it to a boil.
10. Add the SHRIMPS to the etouffee. Gently stir the shrimps to combine with well with the seasoned vegetables. Put the lid back and cook the etoufee for about 15 minutes or until the shrimps are cooked.
11. Add the green onions and celery leaves (or parsley).
12. Serve the Shrimo Etoufee with Steamed Rice or French Bread.
This dish is well-loved by my friends. I would say that is one of the much requested dishes for me to prepare for dinners here at home.
Today, I have shared my special recipe with you and the method of how I prepare it.
I hope that you will give it a try. And when you do, please let me know how it turns out!
I post an article daily, and I hope to see you again soon!